Register for Silicon Valley Open Studios 2023 Today
If you’re an SF Bay Area artist who would like to participate in the 2023 Silicon Valley Open Studios now’s the time to register! Just visit the Registration Instructions link on the left column.
- Registration opens 1/2/2023
- Late registration starts 2/6/2023
- No directory listing after 2/15/2023
- Purchase advertising now with this form
- Event schedule
- The first weekend (May 6 – 7) is targeted toward coastside artists
- The second weekend (May 13 – 14) is targeted for the Northern Peninsula (from Los Altos & Mountain View north)
- The third weekend (May 20 – 21) is targeted from Sunnyvale south
SVOS 2023 Artist Benefits
As a participating SVOS artist, your bio and artwork will be featured in the Artist Gallery section of the website for the entire year.
Your SVOS Artist 2023 Membership is Included
You’ll take advantage of valuable artist services including:
• Convenient Online Registration – Signing up is easy!
• Publicity – Get support from ads, social media, and PR stories
• Searchable Online Artist Directory & Gallery – Optimized for online search
• Online Training – Access live Zoom artist educational training sessions & videos
• Marketing Materials – Get posters, flyers, and customizable postcards
• SVOS Newsletter – Stay on top of local art events, artist news, and education
• Community Service – Help us support artists and non-profit arts organizations.
New Member benefit
Current members can list other exhibits on the new Member Exhibits Calendar. Please send the following details as applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your name – the event name
- The event location including studio, booth number, street, city, zip
- Event dates and times
- Any reception information
- See examples in the calendar
Register for the SVOS Open Studio Today
To participate, artists can register here or use the link to the left. Registration deadline is 2/5/2023.
- $195 regular
- $175 senior (65+)
- $95 student*
- $275 late** (after 2/6)
* Students: please email email@example.com with a scan or photo of your current student ID card. Upon review and approval, you will be sent a student registration code. In addition, if you are under 18, please have your parents or guardian review our artist terms and conditions and email us their permission for you to participate.
** Late registration (after close) may be accepted, but only if it can be accommodated.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT Open Studios:
How to prepare:
• Review terms and conditions for participation
• Decide what artwork you wish to display in your online gallery and prepare your images for upload (see image guidelines).
• Prepare or update your artist statement or other information
• Review registration instructions
To receive updates about upcoming events, registration deadlines, and other information of interest specifically for artists, add yourself to our artist mailing list using the form at the bottom of the page. Note: This is our primary means of communicating with our artists, so it is a critical step. We do not automatically sign people up. Don’t miss out! Sign up at the bottom of this page and be sure to select the “Silicon Valley Artists” list. You can remove yourself or change your preferred mailings at any time using the “update profile” link at the bottom of our emails.
Once you have signed up, be sure to periodically check your spam folder, especially if we are approaching a new event registration period and you haven’t been seeing our emails. We use a well-known and well-regarded mailing system, but our emails sometimes get wrongly classified as spam. Please help combat this by selecting any of our emails that end up in spam and designating them as “not spam”. This retrains your mail server’s spam filters and helps reduce the number of misclassified messages.
If you need to change any of your gallery artwork for an online event, log in and select Edit Images. You can then remove pieces and submit new ones to replace them. When the shopping system is open, submitted changes are normally processed on Fridays. Let us know if you have any problems.
NEW REGISTRANTS: HOW TO REGISTER
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- You can live anywhere in the Silicon Valley area.
- Each participant must submit a separate application.
- Please fill out the application with your real name.
- A business or trade name is optional but if included will also appear in your listing.
Silicon Valley Open Studios is not a juried event and any artist can participate by submitting an application and participation fee online.
KNOW YOUR SVOS BENEFITS — You HAVE more than ever!
This year, you’ll receive more valuable benefits when joining SVOS!
- Participation in our promoted events
- A listing in our Artists Directory – Share your profile, website, and social media links
- Access to SVOS University – Attend our educational Zoom classes or watch previously recorded classes to learn how to promote your show, price your art, and become an expert at social media and blogging
- Exposure to art collectors – Showcase your work to patrons of the arts
- Advertising and PR support – Included for both spring and fall events
- Networking opportunities with Bay Area artists – Share experiences, learn, and grow
- Join https://groups.io/g/SVOSArtists to connect and participate in artist’s conversations
- Convenient online registration
FULFILL YOUR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Prepare for registration now by selecting your artwork and artist photo, creating descriptions, and updating your artist statement, if necessary.
Artists may exhibit up to six artworks in their online SVOS gallery.
- Prepare Images of Your Artwork and Artist Photo – See the Image Guidelines page for requirements
- Write (or Update) Your Artist Statement – See Guidelines for Artist Statement
Detailed instructions for registration are available on the registration page.
Connecting Artists with art lovers
Silicon Valley Open Studios is a popular Bay Area event that has been taking place for 36 years. From open-air art shows to online access to artist galleries and interviews, SVOS promotes creating close personal relationships between artists and art enthusiasts.
Our mission is to educate artists about the business of art, help promote their art business, provide guidance for emerging artists, and to create an easy, educational, and enjoyable art-buying experience for the art enthusiast.
Banner artwork by Gunes Aybay