get ready for Fall SVOS 2021: SEpt 18-19 And SEPT 25-26
REGISTRATION OPENS August 1 AND CLOSES AUGUST 15!
QUICK FACTS ABOUT FALL SVOS 2021:
• You can exhibit either both weekends
• You an exhibit at one location or different locations on the two weekends (or online only)
How to prepare:
• Decide which date(s) you want to exhibit
• Decide where you want to exhibit (your site or elsewhere)
• If your site, decide if you can host other artists as well
• Decide what artwork you wish to display in your online gallery and prepare your images for upload (see svos.org/image-guidelines).
(If you have already registered and uploaded artwork, you don’t have to change them.)
• Decide if you need to update your artist statement or other information
JUST NOW JOINING SVOS FOR THE FALL SHOW?
If you didn’t register previously this year, please check out the NEW REGISTRANTS: HOW TO REGISTER section below.
ARE YOU ALREADY REGISTERED FOR SVOS 2021?
Remember, you do not have to re-register for the Fall if you already registered in the Spring – both Spring and Fall shows are included in your fee. But you will still need to log in to select your location(s) for both weekends, if exhibiting in person. (If exhibiting online only, you can leave the locations as “Online only”.) Also please review and update any prior registration information that may have changed.
If you need to change any of your gallery artwork, log in to your registration form at svos.org/register and select Edit Images. You can then remove the old pieces and upload new ones to replace them. When you’re done, let us know so we can include them in our next upload to the shopping system. These normally occur twice monthly on Friday afternoon. Let us know if you have any problems.
ARE YOU GOING TO HOST OTHER ARTISTS AT YOUR LOCATION?
If you are planning to host other artists at your site, decide how many you are willing to host and enter that information in your registration at the bottom of the “Volunteer Info” page.
NEW REGISTRANTS: HOW TO REGISTER
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- You can live anywhere in the Silicon Valley area.
- Each participant must submit a separate application at svos.org/register.
- Please fill out the application with your real name.
- A business or trade name is optional but if included will also appear in your listing.
Silicon Valley Open Studios is not a juried event and any artist can participate by submitting an application and participation fee online.
KNOW YOUR SVOS BENEFITS — You HAVE more than ever!
This year, you’ll receive more valuable benefits when joining SVOS! Show entry cost is $190 or $165 with a senior discount (65 years or older) —you will receive:
- Participation in FALL SVOS 2021 – Sell one or two weekends this Fall show.
- New! Sell your artwork year-round in our new online e-commerce store on the SVOS website.
- A listing in our Artists Directory – Share your profile, website, and social media links.
- Access to SVOS University – Attend our educational classes to learn how to promote your show, price your art, and become an expert at social media and blogging.
- Exposure to art collectors – Showcase your work to investors and other patrons of the arts.
- Advertising and PR support – Included for both the spring and fall shows.
- Networking opportunities with Bay Area artists – Share experiences, learn and grow.
- Convenient online registration.
Special Notice: For artists who have credits from the 2020 registration fee—you received an individual coupon code to apply your credit towards your 2021 registration fee online – check your email.
Artist works not sold during a show may remain available for sale on the SVOS website through the rest of the year.
FULFILL YOUR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Prepare for registration now by selecting your artwork and artist photo, creating descriptions, and updating your artist statement, if necessary.
Artists may exhibit up to six artworks for sale in their online SVOS gallery. Artist works remain available for sale on the SVOS website until removed or updated.
- Prepare Images of Your Artwork and Artist Photo (new this year) – See Image Guidelines page for requirements
- Write (or Update) Your Artist Statement – See Guidelines for Artist Statement
Detailed instructions for registration are available on the registration page.
Connecting Artists with art lovers
Silicon Valley Open Studios is a popular Bay Area event that has been taking place for 35 years. From open air art shows to online access to artist galleries and interviews, SVOS promotes creating close personal relationships between artists and art enthusiasts.
Our mission is to educate artists about the business of art, help promote their art business, provide guidance for emerging artists, and to create an easy, educational, and enjoyable art-buying experience for the art enthusiast.