You can participate in two SVOS2021 art shows for the price of one!
SVOS Spring Show & Benefit May 1-31 | Fall Show dates coming soon
The Spring Show is opening soon! When you participate, you’ll also get to exhibit your artwork in the Fall Show for FREE! At SVOS, we understand how tough the last year has been for artists, so we’re providing more benefits to support you this year.
To stay safe during COVID, we are hosting SVOS Spring 2021 as a virtual online show during the entire month of May! The show will launch on our new website, which offers exciting opportunities for you to reach a wider audience and sell your artwork. You’ll have 31 days to promote your art and share it with friends, family, and fans. Plus, have the rest of the year to sell in our SVOS online store.
So start planning and let everyone know about this exciting event now. People are ready to do something different and bring beauty and art into their lives.
How to Register for SVOS 2021
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- You can live anywhere in the Silicon Valley area.
- Each participant must submit a separate application.
- Please fill out the application with your real name.
- A business or trade name is optional but if included will also appear in your listing.
Silicon Valley Open Studios is not a juried event and any artist can participate by submitting an application and participation fee online
KNOW YOUR SVOS BENEFITS — You HAVE more than ever!
This year, you’ll receive more valuable benefits when joining SVOS! For the same cost of entering one show last year—$190 or $165 with a senior discount (65 years or older) —you will receive:
- New! Participation in TWO SVOS shows for 2021 – Sell in both Spring and Fall instead of just one show.
- New! Sell your artwork year-round in our new online e-commerce store on the SVOS website.
- A listing in our Artists Directory – Share your profile, website, and social media links.
- Access to SVOS University – Attend our educational classes to learn how to promote your show, price your art, and become an expert at social media and blogging.
- Exposure to art collectors – Showcase your work to investors and other patrons of the arts.
- Advertising and PR support – Included for both the spring and fall shows.
- Networking opportunities with Bay Area artists – Share experiences, learn and grow.
- Convenient online registration – Registration opened on March 22—you’ll receive an email with a link to register and upload your artwork images and artist information.
Special Notice: For artists who have credits from the 2020 registration fee—you’ll receive an individual coupon code to apply your 60% credit towards your 2021 membership registration fee online.
Artist works not sold during the May show may remain available for sale on the SVOS website through the rest of the year.
FULFILL YOUR REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Prepare for registration now by selecting your artwork and artist photo, creating descriptions, and updating your artist statement, if necessary.
For the spring virtual show, artists may offer up to six artworks for sale. Artist works not sold during the May show may remain available for sale on the SVOS website through the rest of the year, if desired. (They may also be removed or updated.)
- Prepare Images of Your Artwork and Artist Photo (new this year) – See Image Guidelines page for requirements
- Write (or Update) Your Artist Statement – See Guidelines for Artist Statement
- Register at svos.org/register
- Detailed instructions for registration are available on the registration page
Connecting Artists with art lovers
Silicon Valley Open Studios is a popular Bay Area event that has been taking place for 35 years. From open air art shows to online access to artist galleries and interviews, SVOS promotes creating close personal relationships between artists and art enthusiasts.
Our mission is to educate artists about the business of art, help promote their art business, provide guidance for emerging artists, and to create an easy, educational, and enjoyable art-buying experience for the art enthusiast.