How to Register
- Silicon Valley Open Studios is not a juried event and any artist can participate by submitting an application and participation fee.
- You do not need to live within Silicon Valley, but you must be able to exhibit within one or more of the designated cities.
- Each participant must submit a separate application
- Please fill out the application with your real name.
- If you regularly use a business or trade name, that is optional but if you include that it will also appear on your web page but not in the printed directory.
When and Where to Exhibit
- Silicon Valley Open Studios is always the first three weekends in May. The event occurs in 27 different cities from South San Francisco in the north to Gilroy in the south and also cities along the pacific coast.
- Each registered artist can participate on one, two, or three weekends for the same entry fee. In addition, you can exhibit in the same place on multiple weekends or in a different place each weekend. However, you may only exhibit in one location each weekend and you must be present during open studios hours on both days of each weekend you chose to participate.
- Silicon Valley Open Studios is divided into Northern, Central, and Southern areas for the three weekends for the convenience of visitors. You may exhibit in any city on any weekend that you wish. However, we strongly recommend that you participate in the designated area and weekend. This is especially true if this is your first time in SVOS.
- Other artists are not allowed to show or sell your artwork at a different location.
- You can exhibit alone or with a group of other artists that you arrange. This is also recommended.
- If you plan to exhibit at a location other than your own studio, be sure that you have an invitation from the host of that site.
Prepare Images of Your Artwork
- Please submit three images of your artwork.
- One image will be published in the Artist Directory so that should illustrate your primary medium and it should be a high-resolution image.
- The other images will be displayed on your profile page of the svos.org web site
- See our Image Guidelines page listed on the menu on the upper left of this page for more tips.
- If you work in more than one medium, we suggest you submit images of three different media.
- Images must be .jpg format and no larger than 8MB filesize.
- You can submit your images on a CD or a flash drive.
- If you want the flash drive returned, then please enclose a brown, padded envelope with your address and return postage. The return postage is usually less than $2.50.
- Do not use a white business envelope for the flash drive because it will get damaged in the rollers of the automatic canceling machines.
Write Your Artist's Statement
- Your artist's statement will appear on your profile page on the svos.org web site but not in the Artist Directory because of space limitations.
- This should be about 100 words and one or two paragraphs.
- You can use this to say anything about you or your art that you think will attract visitors to visit your studio.
- Please include your statement as a .txt or doc or docx file on the same CD or flash drive as your images. Do not send a paper copy as we cannot retype.
Register Online Now
- The most efficient way to register
- Fill out contact info, statement, exhibit location, upload images, and pay online.
- Deadline is December 31, 2019
- Complete the online form here >>
Or Download and Complete the Registration Form
- Download the registration form at the right.
- Print the form and fill it out completely.
- Be sure to save a copy of the filled-out form for yourself.
- Registrations must be postmarked by December 31, 2019
- Mail the registration with your check to the following address:
- Silicon Valley Visual Arts, Inc
- Attn. SVOS Registration
- P.O. Box 111000
- Campbell, CA 95011-1000
Use Our Logo
You can use our logo in your SVOS promotional material. But before you do, please click here to read the guidelines for using our logo.
For some great tips about preparing your images click here to read our Image Guidelines page
Artist Statement Guidelines
For guidelines about writing a great artist statement, click here to get more information.