SVOS Virtual Event Submissions
Please submit up to six representative digital images of your work for sale which will be shown on the SVOS website.
New this year – we are adding an artist photo so visitors will get to see you as well as your great art! This can be a portrait or shot of the artist at work in the studio. One per artist.
Artists are highly encouraged to review other artists’ images on this website and look at artists in their media to see acceptable images and ideas to best show their work.
Your images should be replaced every year. We are learning that visitors remember images from year to year and will skip a studio they have seen before if the same images are displayed. They assume the artist has nothing new to show.
Images will be displayed for one year on the website so it is important to carefully select your images.
One Artwork per Image
- Each image should be of a single piece of art
- Do not send images of collections, or multiple images
- The exception is for items that are normally sold together such as a pair of earrings, a cup and saucer, nested bowls, teapot and cups, or any multi-piece set, etc.
- Images should look sharp with accurate color.
- Set your camera to a high quality (high-res) setting before taking your photos.
- Use a tripod and avoid direct flash for best results.
- You may either take your own photos of your work and edit appropriately or have a professional photographer take your images and edit them.
- 2D Artwork must show only the art with no frame or background
- 3D Artwork may show a plain color background to minimize visual distractions.
- Images should be straight and cleanly cropped.
- Please do not submit logos, studio shots, or advertising copy as an image.
- Your images must be of your own work.
- Images in different media may be submitted to represent the full body of your work.
Format and Size
- Your images should be submitted in .jpg or .jpeg format. This is usually the standard produced from a digital camera.
- Images should be at least 1000 pixels (preferably larger) on the shortest side.
- The SVOS web site will automatically re-size your images to the correct size for the web so long as the images are large enough to start with.
- Please note the maximum size for images is 8MB (mega byte). Larger files will not upload.
- Select a resolution high enough for a great image that is within the upload size limitation.
- Images that are closer to square work better for the web page layout. Very narrow and wide or very skinny and tall are not recommended as they do not make efficient use of the available space.
Tips for Photographing Your Art
Download Photographing Your Art by Stephen Toll.